ALBUQUERQUE (KASA) – The Holistic Kitchen‘s Chef Nancy whips up an incredible and healthy French Toast brunch with quiche and poached Salmon. Read below to make this magnificent feast this weekend!
Overnite French Toast with Warm Berry Compote
Yield: 4-8 Servings
• 8 slices of stale bread, cut 2” thick (I use Challah bread)
• 4 eggs
• 1¼ Cup full fat coconut milk
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 Tb. ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
• Freshly grated zest from one whole orange (reserve flesh)
• 1 bag Organic frozen blueberries
• 1 bag Organic frozen raspberries
• ¼ Cup REAL maple syrup
Night Before Directions
• Place bags of frozen fruit in refrigerator to thaw.
• Whisk together all ingredients except bread. Pour half the custard mixture in a 9 x 13 glass
baking dish. Arrange bread to fit in pan. Pour remaining custard over top the bread, making
sure all surfaces are completely covered.
• Cover tightly and refrigerate.
Morning of Directions
• Remove French Toast from fridge. Allow to rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
• Place berries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir to blend and stir
occasionally until hot (160